Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Little minds are blown so easily

Soooooo, I have like the most boring day ever today because the kiddies are taking their quarterly math assessment. I don't teach math, so I'm simply here to proctor the test for half of the kids. It's a 50 question test and the answer sheet has places for answers to 60 problems. So, the kids reach the end of the test, mark the answer to problem 50, and have one of the two following reactions:

A. They have a complete kuniption (totally made up spelling), demanding to know where the rest of their test is because they are so terrified of failing (thank you, NCLB)

Or, my more favorite and the much more amusing B. They calmly raise their hands and ask me if they should just go back do numbers 1-10 and mark the answers in the spaces for 51-60 on the answer sheet.


Meanwhile, I've got 4 ESL children in here who can't even read the test. Pulic education, it's a magical mystical world of nonsense.

1 comment:

Val said...

I like my spelling better.