Saturday, February 18, 2006

Summer, I love you. Please come back soon.

The last few days have been a total tease. Even some dandelions started pop up, thinking that the bitter days of winter had passed, to be followed by the joyous warmth of Richmond in the spring/summer. The teachers at school were going out for recess duty even when they didn't have to. Classes were being conducted under the big tree in front of the school or in the courtyard because we couldn't resist the glorious weather any better than the kids could. I love being able to go outside just wearing my jean jacket (embelished with my "I love math" button). My dogs ran around outside with their tongues flapping out of their constantly smiling mouths, refusing to come in because rubbing their faces in the grass and digging giddily was just too wonderful to put an end to.

Now it's snowing. WTF. The dandelions have shriveled, I have to wear my big black jacket that I hate, and my dogs refuse to set foot outside. Screw winter. I SUPPORT GLOBAL WARMING SO I CAN GO OUTSIDE.

2 comments:

Maura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maura said...

it's global warming that making these EXXXXXTREME conditions.