Thursday, December 15, 2005

Baptismal Update

So Ross and I met with Steve Constable of Stony Point Church, the place we semi-attend. The gist of the meeting was that he can't really baptise me unless I'm a member of the church. Ross and I are not really for church membership, i.e. we don't see the point. But Constable assured me that if I don't ever get baptised I won't go to hell. That's always nice to hear. So now I have to decide what I want to do, if anything. The fact that Constable wasn't like, "Here, let me baptise you right now in Starbuck's," requires me to figure it out. I'm not so good at "planning" so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be very cool to do this on your own, even better than a church service anyway?!? I mean we have friends that are ordained. Also both of my parents are ordained FYI.

Daniel said...

Yeah, if you can't find anyone else, I'll gladly baptise you. I'm not ordained or anything(you don't have to be), but I've baptised someone before.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i wasn't meaning to suggest that you had to be. I baptized her husband, and I'm not.