Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Missing “T’s” and Traffic Jams

Last night was my birthday celebration. I picked Ross up from work and we headed over to the Hill Café for some dinner. Because I’m now incapable of remembering things since I’m so old, I had forgotten about the traffic mess that was interstate 95 and we were forced to find an ass-backwards way of getting to dinner. We ended up on the other side of the river. I was tired, hungry, and caught in traffic. None of these things are good for me to be. So, Ross decided that we should stop at Legend at get a drink and some snackies until things cleared up. I ordered a drink because I don’t do beer, and we shared some crab/spinach dip sans the spinach because of the E.Coli. Just plain crab is fine by me. I had my drink pretty fast and I was feeling much better. Keep in mind that I rarely drink and one will send me to bed for the night.

Thanks to Ross’s unmatched navigation skills we finally made it to the Hill Café, only after we were chased by a fire engine and I declared it ridiculous that “Fasmart” has no “T” in it, like they have no time to wait for the lazy-ass “T” to catch up, so they’re outta here. As Ross was escaping the fire engine, I kept calling “Fassssmaaart” out of the window. Ross didn’t seem to think that was a good idea. Whatever it was my birthday.

Once in the restaurant, we settled in, ate some food, and I had some more drinks. I was in the middle of a sentence about how much I love Alicia Farrell’s blog when I started to feel the effects of the spirits I had partaken in. I don’t think I ever finished the sentence.

I remember making some phone calls in the car on the way home. I may have left somemessages. Funny how people called me back *immediately* when they got those messages. I remember Stephanie saying that she loves Drunk Valerie, Jennifer being very nice, my brother telling me he was going to save the message I had left him, and MattWhite not being convinced by my impression of Ross. I’m kind of nervous about seeing these people again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you weren't kicked out of some bar for singing karaoke - sans pants, it was a good birthday.

Whoever made up the rule that you have to be wearing pants to sing karaoke is on my list, I tell you... high on my list.

Anonymous said...

i love you drunk and sober!

did you get your gift from day's house?! run, run, go get it.

Anonymous said...

From now on, I only love you drunk.

Patrick Creehan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patrick Creehan said...

Are you sure the reason you're not good at remembering this is because you're old, or was it because you were drunk?! I love you both ways too...er...drunk/sober...not the common other meaning of "both ways." :P